Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Finally, Amy has come back to Penang..

I said my goodbyes to Amy in 2009 as she was going to study in Japan. It was 1st April 2009, and she left for Japan on 3rd April. She was supposed to come back in April this year.

However, there was an earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan last Friday. Then there was two explosion on the nuclear reactor. So she decided to come back to Malaysia on Wednesday. As you all know, there was a third explosion on the reactor on Wednesday. It was quite a challenge as the train services were disrupted and petrol is hard to come by. She had to leave the house at 5.30am to reach the airport at 8.30am. It was quite a hair raising wait for me too as news of the 4th reactor was on fire was displayed on the Internet.

At around 10.45pm, I got a call from her dad, she had reached Penang safely. What a relief.

So this evening I met up with her. She had to do a lot of shopping today as she left most of the stuff behind in Japan.

Just a word of warning, if you are eating Nando's, never, never, ever order the 3 beans something as a side dish. We found out first hand tonight, not nice at all.

After that went shopping around, now I can't feel my legs cause of too much walking...

No comments: