Friday, March 25, 2011

Zatoichi the last

Zatoichi is the blind swordsman from Japan. There have dozens of movies based on him since the 1960s, and I don't know why the wanted to call this movie "Zatoichi the last", unless you want to kill the franchise. Or make a reboot Zatoichi for the next movie.

Did he die in the end? Well, he was badly wounded but it did not really say that he died and if you watched the older Zatoichi movie, he was wounded even worse, so there. Maybe the next movie, they say someone found him and nursed him back to health, who knows.

Actually I am kind of tired tonight, so I don't have the energy to write a full review. Just give you all a sneak preview first.

Zatoichi was about to retire with his loved one, but an attack by a group of enemies and a sneak stab cause the death of his loved one.

He took refuge in a village and seems contende with the life of a farmer and fisherman.

But when the evil lord threatens the people, he has to pick up his sword cane one last time.
I'll make a full review when I feel better.

Update - I found out that a lot of Zatoichi fans were upset cause this movie made their favorite hero looks weak.Maybe I should review Beat Takeshi's version of Zatoichi.

No comments: