Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What am I going to do?

The company called me and counter offered with a salary higher than my current salary and now I don't know what to do. I told them that I needed some time to cool off and give my answer by this week. Hopefully I can extend until next week before before I give my answers.

I will have a hard time making my decision. On one hand I still love teaching very much, but I feel the management do not really care whether you are a good lecturer or not, bottom line is money, and even if the management is the one that is wasting the money, its the lecturers that will suffer the bonus cut, claim cut and so on.
Just today, I was talking about not willing to pass some students because they really do not deserve to pass, one lecturer commented, just pass them and let the others worry about them, you will still get your salary. I know deep in my heart the person is good, but maybe too burned out from the current situation. I have too much pride just to let people pass blindly, and I am scared of turning into a bad lecturer due to being burned out.

I talked with a few person that I trust tonight, but still can't make up my mind. It was never about the money, its how good you treat your people. No amount of money can buy my trust and loyalty.

Somebody consoled me that I have enough teaching experience, I can try something new and if I don't like it, I can always go back to teach. That is so true.

Anyway, my next pair of clothes might be my funeral clothes..ha ha


Datuk Sri said...

Follow what you love most then. and never pass someone who doesnt deserve to be pass, cheers :)

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

Follow our signals NOW & gain up to 270% daily.