Thursday, November 27, 2008

Asimo at Queensbay

Salute to the engineers that build Asimo first.

Asimo stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility. It is a Honda robot and is at Queensbay from Today until Sunday.

Interesting Facts:-
It has 2 cameras for eyes and can judge the distance of objects using it.
It has microphones in the head so it can receive command and determine where the sound is coming from.
It runs on 51.8V lithium ion battery which can last for an hour.
It has sensors to detect object within 3 meter range.
The body is magnesium alloy covered in plastic resin. Its just 54 kg. (I asked TY to join me, we plan to kidnap it ^^).

I reached there around 1 pm and the robot is gonna appear at 5.30 pm. Great, so walked around first. After walking for a few hours, I went down again at 4.45 and there was quite a lot of people already. I managed to get quite front row. It was like waiting for a superstar, where people are standing around waiting. I would not wait for a superstar unless its S.H.E wahaha. Juzt kidding Ok =.=

Like a concert
They have this competition where 6 winners can take picture with Asimo personally. The competition is to assemble paper model of Asimo. I did not enter ha ha.

Finally the little guy arrived.

I have TONS of video which I will upload tomorrow.

No comments: