Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Knives for Dummies: How to open a knife with one hand

Feeling a bit moody after the result meeting. So today I want to teach you how to open a knife with one hand. Take note I have been practicing with knives since I was in form 3, so please be careful cause I am a professional :P

Most modern knives have thumb studs. This is not just for decorations.

You can use the thumb stud to open the knife by pushing it with your thumb, like the picture shown below.


Here's a video on how to open it.



If you flick your wrist, it will be more dramatic, but please hold the handle firmly. I will not be responsible if the knife fly and hit someone. But the first rule of knives, don't point at someone unless you intend to use it.




The "New York Drop" style of opening knives. Yup, they even have a name for it.


No comments: