Sunday, October 12, 2008

Onitsuka Tiger

This story started long ago, when it rained heavily and I walked in the rain. Last Wednesday in rained again at night and I was walking in the rain to go to Tesco to buy some stuff. I was wearing my so called "All Condition Gear" shoes which should be all condition, including rain.

On Saturday, I had a funny feeling, then realized the soles of my sneakers is coming off. That is the second time that happened to my Nike sneakers. The soles have a tendency to come off if it gets wet too much. So time for a new sneakers I guess.

I am not going to buy the same brand for it to happen to me a third time, so I was looking for another brand. Considered a few brands, in the end I choose Onitsuka Tiger.

This model was released in the year 1966 and used at the Olympics in Mexico in 1968, thus its called Mexico 66. Yes, its an old model but its considered classic. Bruce Lee wore one in Game of Death and Uma Thurman in Kill Bill Vol. 1. Pity they dont have the yellow color shoes here.




No comments: